Friday, April 29, 2011

Book Review: Clarity by Kim Harrington




Here's a summary of the book found on amazon:

When a teenage girl is found murdered, Clare's ex-boyfriend wants her to help solve the case--but Clare is still furious at the cheating jerk. Then Clare's brother--who has supernatural gifts of his own--becomes the prime suspect, and Clare can no longer look away. Teaming up with Gabriel, the smoldering son of the new detective, Clare must venture into the depths of fear, revenge, and lust in order to track the killer. But will her sight fail her just when she needs it most?

This book was pretty good. I had no idea what it was about before I started reading and I was quickly drawn in by the twisting and mysterious plot. It has the, now classic, love triangle between Clarity, her ex-boyfriend and a new hottie in town. I have to say I'm kind of getting tired of this thing but it didn't detract from the overall story. The ending was one even I couldn't figure out before hand (my husband gets mad because I can always guess how most mystery tv shows are going to end). Although, if you want to find out who the murderer is you will figure it out if you read the last page first (like I do when I can't help myself). By the romance that is left up in the air I'm assuming there will be a sequel.

3.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment