Friday, April 29, 2011

Book Review: Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

Unearthly (Unearthly, #1)


Normally I steer clear of angel books. I'm not a huge fan of them but I actually liked this one. While is does have that love triangle element it was easy who to choose as the best one for her. There is an obsession-like relationship in the beginning but the real romance for Clara is just that - real. The feelings are believable and the reader truly wants things to succeed for the couple. Clara is a likable main character. The mythology is a little confusing. It's not explained really well and there are some parts with her mom and a "black wing" that are hard to follow.

There were some other things I didn't like too. Her mom gets kind of crazy and expects things of her daughter when she herself is never around. And I'm not a huge fan of the character of Angela. But other than a few hard to understand points this is bar far the best "fallen angel" novel I've read. And there's no way there's not going to be a sequel. Awesome.

5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment