Friday, May 13, 2011

Book Review: Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris




Well, when I finished Dead and Gone I just couldn't wait for the cds to be ready for me to rip onto my mp3 player so I just got the book. Here's the description from goodreads.com:

Sookie Stackhouse somehow survived the Faery War, but life never seems to get easy for Bon Temps' telepathic (but tip-poor) barmaid. In the tenth instalment of Charlaine Harris's resilient Southern Vampire series, Sookie and heartthrob Eric Northman come under intense regal scrutiny, but there are dangers even closer at hand: The doors to Faery slammed shut before some Fae were able to return and they're holding Sookie very personally responsible.

This was another pretty good read. Sookie is getting over the events at the end of Dead and Gone and her relationship with Eric is stronger than ever, or so it seems. This book lacked the intensity of Dead and Gone and I kept waiting for more breath taking events. Not many problems from the whole series were solved, just problems that began in this book. So while it wasn't as exciting as usual it was still interesting enough for me to keep reading and I can't wait to read the next installment! 

3.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment