Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Book Review: The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson


I read the first book 13 Little Blue Envelopes a couple of years ago and I remember loving it. However, I couldn't tell you much about the storyline except for the basic plot points. This happens to me a lot. Anyway, I quickly remembered the first book as I started The Last Little Blue Envelope. Fair warning, from here on there may or may not be some *SPOILERS*. Ok, so at the end of the first book the final envelope was stolen by some lowlifes in Greece. Well, as you can guess by the title, someone has found the 13th envelope and is blackmailing Ginny. I found this plot line to be somewhat unbelievable and wasn't surprised at all when Oliver didn't actually take the money. The whole thing felt shady. Also, I was unsurprised when Keith had a girlfriend. I was annoyed by this and wanted him and Ginny to be together but I suppose Oliver is an ok substitute. I did like this book because of descriptions of Europe. I have always wanted to go there but haven't ever had the chance so I feel like I'm living vicariously through Ginny. I think that's why I liked the first one so much. I'll give this book 3/5 stars. I recommend both books!

No comments:

Post a Comment