Sunday, August 21, 2011

Book Review: Born At Midnight by C.C. Hunter

Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls, #1)

I really enjoyed this book! It is a long one and I read it in less than a day. The basic premise isn't perhaps the most original but I love a good camp story. Kylie sees ghosts. She doesn't know why until she is shipped off to Shadow Falls Camp. Kylie is pretty relatable and while I found her gushing over Trey really annoying (I was like "Get over him already, he's a loser!) when I thought back to one of my terrible boyfriends I understood her feelings a bit more. The book is full of all the supernatural creatures (vamps, werewolves, shape shifters, witches, fairies, etc.) so I definitely felt like it was everything I love in a good fantasy book. One thing that really bothered me was the eyebrow twitching. I understand that's how the supernaturals "read" each other but just imagining them doing it makes me think they would all look ridiculous. But I look forward to the second book coming out in October!

1 comment: