Sunday, August 21, 2011

Book Review: Make Lemonade by Virginia Euwer Wolff

Make Lemonade (Make Lemonade, #1)

This story makes the reader want to do something. I feel like I wanted to jump into the pages and help scrub Jolly's house clean and hug those little kids. The name of the book comes from making the best out of the circumstances life has given you. Jolly feels stuck in her surroundings and the fortuitous meeting with LaVaughn helps her see how life could be different. LaVaughn answers an ad and becomes Jolly's babysitter and friend. Jolly needs a push to make better choices and to accept help when she really needs it and LaVaughn is the perfect person to push her. This is a story that makes the reader want to do better. It makes the reader want to look out for those people in their lives that need their attention and a little guidance. I believe this is the first book in a triology and I think I'll have to revisit this series before long.

No comments:

Post a Comment