Friday, August 19, 2011

Book Review: The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen

The Sugar Queen

I really like Sarah Addison Allen. I've read almost all of her other books and I have liked every one of them! They are mostly just normal fiction but there is always a little element of magic in them that I love. She makes magic seem possible in the real world, which is my opinion it is. The Sugar Queen is about a woman named Josey who is dealing with a lot of difficult issues. She lives at home as a servant to her mother, basically, and tries to make up for being a terrible child. To cope with her mother's smothering influence on her life she hides sweets, novels, and travelling magazines inside of her closet. She is stuck in her sad life until one morning she finds a woman in her closet and her entire world starts to change.

This book is a great one and has a good message too. It is all about being who you are and not being ashamed of it. I know it made me think about how I was living my life.

1 comment:

  1. I've read all of Sarah Addison Allen's books and love them all, but this one is my favorite. My co-host on a podcast I do (N3RDc@st) and I both love all her books and discussed her on our first podcast :c)

    ReplyDelete